SafeBus a late-night bus route that will drive between 10:30 p.m. and 2:30 a.m. on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights to provide a safe ride home for KU students at night. The route (pictured below) will have two buses going opposite directions, stopping at popular destinations, such as KU residence halls, 14th and Tennessee, and downtown Lawrence.
The SafeBus service is a pilot program for spring 2022 to help alleviate wait times for SafeRide, which has experienced a significant increase in ridership.
Riders can track the bus as "route 53" in real time using the MyBusLawrence app.
During the spring semester, SafeBus operates from 10:30 p.m. to 2:30 a.m., Thursday-Saturday, except during class breaks and holidays.
2/24, 2/25, 2/26
3/3, 3/4, 3/5
3/24, 3/25, 3/26
4/7, 4/8, 4/9
4/14, 4/15, 4/16
4/21, 4/22, 4/23
4/28, 4/29, 4/30
5/5, 5/6, 5/7
Please help us keep SafeBus as safe as possible for you and all of our passengers by following these rules at all times:
- No smoking, eating, drinking, littering, running, vandalism or graffiti.
- No loud or intrusive use of profanity/obscenities or other disorderly conduct, including threatening or harassing behavior to other passengers and/or driver.
- No inappropriate/distracting conversation with the driver.
- No fighting or conduct allowed that could pose a threat to public safety.
- No firearms, other weapons, or hazardous materials.
- No pets allowed, with the exception of certified service animals trained to assist individuals with disabilities.
- Keep hands, arms, heads and personal belongings inside the vehicle while it is in motion.
- No solicitation for commercial or non-commercial purposes, including KU Events.
- Do not take up more than one seat or place your feet on the seats.
- Use headsets or earphones with electronic listening or music devices.
- Do not open windows without the permission of the driver.
- Shirt and shoes are required.
- Follow all requests made by the driver.
- Report suspicious behavior to the driver.